Saturday, May 11, 2019

The Crafy Craziness Begins: The Invitations May 2018

I told my niece, Amanda, I would create the invitations for her wedding as her wedding gift. As it turned out it was one gift of many. I really did get carried away but enjoyed every minute of it.

I knew immediately who I wanted to contact and work with, it was Katie from Madison Stationery. She is the daughter of a  colleague and I can't say enough great things about her. From my original contact, until after the I do's, Katie has been an absolute pleasure to work with. We emailed back and forth so many times. I thought I was being a PIA, but Katie responded personally and professionally.
The invitation she designed for Amanda and Eddie was just a bit outside of her norm. She didn't mind at all; she is totally a customer pleaser.  You can follow her on FB and Instagram. You can contact her for any type of special occasion you need an invitation for.

When I received the printed invites from Katie, I went to work on the finishing touches. I knew Amanda liked bling and was partial to gold and sand dollars. Coral and teal were her colors. I decided on coral glitter cardstock for the background, teal ribbon, and a sand dollar charm. I used a mock-up that Katie sent me to show her what I had in mind and gave Amanda a few options Katie sent. 
Eventually, they chose the bold version of their names and place of the reception.
This finished product below.  
My, not so innocent Charlie, decided he wanted in on the action and decided to leave his mark on a few of the invitations I had completed. 

Don't let the doggie cuteness fool you, Charlie frequently lays by me when I'm sewing or working on the computer. He is waiting to put his mark on whatever I'm working on.


A few of us in attendance during Amanda and Eddies's wedding week took various pictures of the invitation. These are the photos I took.

These are from Desiree Chavez, a good friend of the bride and groom. I really love the color of the ocean and the sky in the background. 

I definitely have to give a shout out to the professional: Hannah Ruth Photography. She really knows how to capture every moment of an event. She may not post these shots on her site because of the vast amount of business she has, but we can certainly print them from the pictures she sent us. 

This was a fun creative project for me. It took some time, but none the less I enjoyed it. 

Lessons Learned: 
  1. Be flexible when working with a professional graphic artist. I was and she, Madison Stationery, was. 
  2. Candid, non-professional photos can add real-life touches that the professional photographer might not have time to get. 
  3. Have your guests take many photos. 
The invitations were a pleasure to make. Thank you, Amanda, for the chance to do this for you. 

No comments: