Sunday, April 20, 2014

Bunnies, Peeps and Easter Treats - Part 3

Are They Really the Best Sugar Cookies?   Easter Treats



A long while back I pinned a recipe called the "Best Sugar Cookie Recipe".  For many years I thought
my mother in law's white sugar cookies were the absolute best and I can't remember using any other recipe to bake cut out sugar cookies.  I usually make the cookies two or three times a year and decided to give the "best" recipe a try to see if it really it.

I wish I took more pictures of the process but pictures wouldn't provide a sense of how good these sugar cookies really are. Every claim the author made about the cookies was true: no need to chill, no burnt edges and they really were delicious.  Now I can't say they are the best, but I think they are at the top of the list. Thanks for a great recipe. I'll definitely be using it again.

Even the "one ear" cookie tasted delicious.


Lessons Learned:

1. Make sure you have all the ingredients you need before you begin!






Lemon Large


I must give a shout out to my sis,Val, for attempting and creating these luscious looking cookies.  Yes, they are called Giant Lemon Mousse Sugar Cookie Cups. I'm not exactly sure what recipe she used but you can find it at
 Wishes and Dishes.

To me they look like a monstrous filled cake that could be substituted for the dinner beforehand. Better not though or the cook might get mad. :)

Here's Val's creation with an extra touch of tart on top.



Looks delicious!  Now I'm thinking..... maybe a chocolate cookie cup, vanilla cream cheese mousse, with chocolate chip eyes might be a good goblin treat for Halloween? Val? Are you reading this? ;)


We Love Coconut - Coconut Cream Cheese Pie

This recipe is a combination of  3 others I found online.  Most of my family loves coconut, therefore it seemed a logical choice for dessert this Easter holiday.

Ingredients

For the crust:
·       1 ½ c finely crushed shortbread cookies
·       ⅔ c flaked coconut
·       ⅓ cup melted butter or margarine

For the pie filling:
·       1 cup  flaked coconut
·       ½ pkg.   (8 oz.) light cream cheese
·       2  small pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
·       2 cups  cold milk
·       1 cup thawed whipped topping
·       ½ tsp. vanilla


For the topping:
·       Remaining  ½ cream cheese
·       1 cup whipped topping
·       1 Tbsp. sugar
·       ¼ c toasted coconut

Directions


1.     Preheat oven to 325°.  Mix ingredients for crust until well blended.
Press evenly into a 9 in pie plate.  Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.






2.   Microwave full 8 oz of cream cheese High for 10 sec. or just until softened; stir until creamy.





3.     Beat pudding mixes and 2 cups milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 min.
Add half the cream cheese; mix well. Stir in 1 cup of coconut and 1 cup whipped topping. Pour into crust.




4.     Combine  sugar and the other half of the cream cheese; mix well. Stir in 1 cup whipped topping.  spread over pie. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.


5.     Toast remaining coconut. Sprinkle toasted coconut over the pie just before serving.


I hope everyone enjoyed their own special Easter traditions and festivities.  

Now for a break from blogging to finish up with APPR. 

No comments: