Saturday, January 16, 2016

Pioneer Woman Meat Sauce - The Only One I'll Make from Now On

Every once in awhile a recipe comes along that you just have to share. This is one of those. If you love italian and you love the idea of cooking enough to freeze for another time, than this recipe is for you.
During the holidays of 2015, it was a pleasure to have our daughter Shannon come home for a visit from Charleston. I miss her so much. She loves to watch the food channels and those reality flicks. Me? I rarely watch TV unless it's a Hallmark or Lifetime movie.  Needless to say, when she was here, we came across an episode of Pioneer Woman on the Food Network. Ree made it look so easy, I knew I had to try it.
A very simple recipe to make, I love it because it make a lot!  I don't have time to make meat sauce for every italian dish we have. Another reason I like it is because it's one of those semi homemade recipes: the best of both. 


Christmas was extra special with both my kids home. Shannon gave us this really great cutting board. She is so clever with gifts. 



Here are most of the ingredients. The meat is missing and the best thing? A whole cup of white wine. Mmmmm, mmmmmm. 



Can't you just smell the peppers, onion and garlic? Oh it is so good.


If you would like to make a meatless sauce, just omit the meat. 
                                             

                                             

This spaghetti was sooooooooooooo good. All of us were hurting after dinner. 
                                            

And the best part (well, the second best part) is there are two more containers in the freezer. :) 


Hope you have a chance to try this recipe. It fits the bill for so many  reasons!

Happy New Year.





No comments: