Monday, September 4, 2017

Auction for Texas

For many who have read my blog, you may have picked up bits and pieces of personal tragedy from "tropical storm" Irene. She swept through Schoharie County destroying many homes.   What is ironic is that Hurricane Harvey has devastated homes in TX on the 6th anniversary of Irene.  It's been a tough week for me having to relive what I  and my family and friends went through. My cousin lives in Orange, TX and, as of Sept. 5, his home still has water inside and out. This is why I feel the need to do something for my "my Texas Family".
I've emailed the staff at my school and others, to see if they would contribute gift cards to the people and animals of Orange, TX.  I've had a wonderful response.  I can't wait to send these cards to my cousin Mark, and his family.
In addition,  I am doing an online auction to raise money for additional cards. All proceeds will go to the people of Orange, TX. So what's the auction?
These "crate seats" have been a popular item for teachers to create customized seating arrangements in their classrooms.  The seating area lifts out so the crate can be used as storage. I personally have a number of these. I put a clipboard in each so when kids choose to sit on them, they have something sturdy to write on. I made 4 two years ago, 10 last year and 30 of these this year.  
The cost of each of these for me to make is $15.  
Charlie was skeptical of these crates, but once I told them what they were for, he jumped on the bandwagon and decided to help with a testimonial of how much he liked them.
He says," If I can sit comfortably on these crates, your students will too." "Woof"

So here's the deal: Charlie needs  $15 a piece for these NY Yankees crates. He says they are great for seating in classrooms, man caves, boys rooms ( or girls), offices, or whatever. Charle will start the auction at 2 for $25.  All you have to do is contact me or Charlie at tstandha@gmail.com, or if we are Facebook friends you can message me there with an offer for the crates. (Local Pickup or delivery only, unless you are willing to pay for shipping).  The winner will be contacted on Sept 16.  If the auction is wildly popular (wouldn't that be nice) I will post what the current high price is.

Thank you to all my friends for following my blog and responding to a worthwhile cause.

Lessons Learned:
1. No one is exempt from nature's fury. It can happen anytime, anyplace.
2. It feels good to help someone who you feel a personal connection with because of unplanned circumstances.
3. My colleagues in Schenectady City Schools are the BEST! They always come through in times of need.


No comments: