Thursday, May 17, 2018

An Apple A Day

I wish I had my camera for the look on the recipients face when she opened my Thank You gift to her. She was sooooo happy, especially since she purchased a Cricut Explore for her daughter. The "oooos", "ahhhhs", and "I love it", were a sure sign to me that she really loved this gift.

The colleague I made this for is a true saint. I admire her caring nature. She is one of the most hard-working and loved member of our staff. She enjoys things that are created and made with a special intent in mind.

So here goes.....
This is the Thank You card in a box from Dreaming Tree.  The basic bottom and top of a box for notes is below.
The box design comes together with a red and green accent  shown below. 

The envelopes were my favorite.
Here are the cards. What a perfect gift for a soul that really appreciates everything done for her? She always writes thank you cards to everyone who does something for her, so I wanted to give her some special cards.
A gift box of cards to send to her special someone(s).
And here is the extra special touch of bling.  The self-adhesive jewels gave this project that "umph" it needed to really stand out.





It took me a couple of tries and an email to Dreaming Tree to get this project right. I love it, because my friend loved it. 


I can't wait to try more projects from the Dreaming Tree site. 


Lessons Learned: 

1. When making paper projects, it is really important to create folds perfectly. 
2. If something seems"off", question it. Find a solution to make it right. 

The original tutorial had the red of the apple on the part of the card that people write their sentiment on. I changed that. I put the red part of the apple on the same side as the cut of the apple was made. I wrote to the company and they were very receptive to my constructive criticism.

3. Do your own thing. When using a commercial file, add your own touches and make it your own.

What paper projects have you done for a special friend? How did they come out? 

Have a great day, 

No comments: